Sunday, October 7, 2007

3 F's...Fit, Function, and Feel...

I subscribe to wonderful magazines such as Real Simple and Everyday with Rachel Ray in an attempt to balance my life, learn new things to better our daily living and clean out my vast collections of "stuff". The latest advice to clean out the clutter are the 3 F's (please excuse my simplification):

  • Fit...does it still fit well?
  • Function...'nuf said
  • Feel...does it make you feel great?

If you say no to any of the above, you need to get rid of it or donate it....

With our upcoming move back to the U.S., we have to make a concerted effort to keep our belongings within the confines of an 1100 square foot home (the size of our wonderful little 3 bedroom condo in Parkfairfax). We don't know if we'll move back to Northern Virginia after our tour in Texas or not, but just in case, we're looking for a home that's not so big, not so small. If you give me a lot of space, I will find a way to fill it.

So far, using the 3 Fs, I've been able to clear out a dozen outfits from one of my closets. Not bad for a self-confessed packrat...

No comments: